About Bright Owl
Breathe life into the written word by shining a spotlight on you and your business
Bright Owl was founded in February 2014 by Louisa Sando-Patel, a trained copywriter, content writer and communications specialist. Louisa’s worked in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors, including corporate settings, and has a sound background in marketing and business. Based near Leicester, Bright Owl supports a vast range of companies across the UK, especially in the Midlands and London area, from SMEs to global blue-chip firms.
“Ever since I can remember, I’ve been in love with words. Reading and writing have always played a large part in my life and I’ve always been fascinated with storytelling. From an early age, I knew that whatever I did in life, words would feature.
Since 1999, I’ve been writing a variety of standard and marketing communications. I’ve worked in the conferencing industry, creating powerful wording for event slides. I’ve worked in the NHS, creating patient information literature and nurse training packs. Before I trained as a copywriter, I’d written every type of content you could imagine, from producing client pitch packs to writing design tenders and managing a third-sector website.
But it wasn’t until I landed a role with Communisis, one of the largest marketing service providers in Europe, that I got my big break in marketing. Working onsite with Barclays and Barclaycard as part of an outsourced marketing team, I worked on projects looking at customer communications (regulatory and direct mail), tone of voice, customer loyalty, marketing tech, and a range of different customer needs. I received high-level marketing training delivered by a CIM facilitator, and I handled the research and creation of internal newsletters for our blue-chip client.
“Before Bright Owl, I worked as the Direct Communications Manager for a large leisure company, who operate over 100 leisure centres across the UK on behalf of local authorities. I led the development of an in-house version of MailChimp, which bolted onto a database of 1 million contacts. I developed a communications strategy, email and letter templates, as well as a range of digital promotions. It was during this role that I had my epiphany. I realised that it was the writing itself which I enjoyed the most.
I created Bright Owl as a way of using my word skills to bring expert copywriting services directly to businesses of every size. Over the years, I have undertaken SEO training and advanced copywriting classes (IDM), and I have a Diploma in Copywriting: Distinction. In 2018, I was a Finalist for the Leicester Mercury Women in Business Awards.”
Bright Owl will help you promote your business to your customer. We work directly with clients, supporting Marketing Managers as an outsourced partner, creating regular sales copy and content. We also work alongside trusted strategic partners, such as graphic designers, web designers, magazines, social media consultants and marketing agencies. Whether you need a new website or social media support, we can organise everything on your behalf.
In a world tainted by false promises and unethical marketing practices, our vision is to rebuild customer trust in sales and marketing using ethical practices.
Our mission is to help businesses:
- Engage with new and existing audiences
- Attract and convert new customers
- Retain existing client bases
We achieve this by conveying how they solve a problem or fulfil a need for their customers.
- Integrity – always acting with full integrity when it comes to advising our clients on the best solution for their marketing content.
- Honesty – always being honest with our clients; we will never recommend a solution that is not necessary or would not be of benefit.
- Transparency – always pre-agreeing our costs upfront or giving an estimation of time before we embark on any type of project.
- Reliability – always pre-agreeing deadlines when it comes to your project, managing your expectations at every stage.
- Ethical – we never advocate unethical sales and marketing practices, or work with unethical businesses.
- Quality – we pride ourselves on delivering high-quality copy and marketing content that is aligned to your business objectives.
- Listen – always taking the time to listen to your needs and understand your goals to suggest suitable ideas.